PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Embassy Winter Clothing Appeal

shanja
12-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Just a general note for all the ethically motivated and so on out there. As we all are grimly aware, the earthquake in Pakistan absolutely devastated this beautiful, wild area and the lives of so many people in it. Now, over the years many expeditions have wended their ways through here and contributed both positively and perhaps at times negatively to these peoples and their communities. Often expeds have in fact made generous gifts of gear and foods before, after and during an exped.
Perhaps it's just me, but I sort of feel an instinctive empathy and bond of loyalty to all these hill peoples. The poorest climber is still miles ahead of most locals...and so this might be a chance for us to give back something even if we aren't on an exped to this corner of the world. So...
The Pakistani Embassy in Seoul is currently collecting donations of warm clothes and gear for those left with SFA after the disaster. If you have any old but still acceptably serviceable winter gear (downs/ polarfleeces/ thermals/ gloves/ beanies/ scarves etc) be a good sport and get them to the Pakistani Embassy. If you live in Daejeon area, a friend is taking a car-load up there this Friday, so if it's more convenient pm me and I'll try pick it up and pass it along. There is no official deadline on this appeal, but just imagine how they are feeling and remember aid giving quickly is aid given twice over.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any donations you can make.

curious_j
12-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the notice. Where is the Pakistani embassy in Seoul? I did a quick search, but didn't find it online. Does anyone already have a map or website?

bvoborsky
12-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Embassy of Pakistan
258-13 Itawon 2 Dong,Yongsan-Ku Seoul
140-202

02-796-8252

Itaewon Station. Go out exit 2. Hang your first left. Then your first right. Walk straight and it will be on your right hand side.

If you go to this map and zoom in on the Hamilton Hotel you will see it just to the right.

http://bus.congnamul.com/SeoulRouteWebApp/view_english/map.jsp

shanja
12-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Big thanks to bvoborsky for the info on the location of the Pakistani Embassy. Nice job with the map! Sorry I didn't provide it myself earlier...but all's well that a "community" ends well. Cheers.