PDA

View Full Version : Before sending a PM, ask yourself...

Eric
11-01-2005, 09:41 AM
...could others benefit from this information, too?

I noticed that there have been more PMs sent in the past 2 weeks than there have been threads posted in the past year and a half! :eek8: This seems disproportionate.

So before sending a PM, ask yourself if others might benefit from this information or is it strictly private in nature. I realize when we are making plans to meet up, the details get fairly small and more personal information gets shared and using the PM function is appropriate. But if you are welcoming someone to the site, asking about life/work in korea, seeking climbing beta for a particular area, seeking directions to an area or seeking other info others might also need, start a thread. That way, more people can benefit from the questions and answers people are sharing in that thread.

Additionally, if you ask in the forum, you will get the knowledge of many members, not just one.

Finally, the more information we have public in the forums, the more people will register. The more people who register, the more potential for more information and climbing area submissions. The more climbing area info, the more places to climb. More places to climb = :becky:

Thanks,
Eric

ricardo
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
well, your new PM system is so cool that we're all just using that as our personal email now!
:becky:

Eric
11-08-2005, 12:48 PM
well, your new PM system is so cool that we're all just using that as our personal email now!
:becky:I noticed that. :eek8: :lol:

anyway, welcome back to the ROK! :)

skinsk
11-08-2005, 05:57 PM

Now Rick, that's not entirely true. Sometimes we use the threads as our personal e-mail too! On that note, glad you're back!

Eric, just goes to show what a nice community you've created!

Eric
11-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Now Rick, that's not entirely true. Sometimes we use the threads as our personal e-mail too! We could set up some forums to email or family and friends back home. Ya know, like "Sonia's Mom" forum and "Rick's Aunt" forum, etc... how about that idea? 100% total transparency. Sign up now and let your emails go PUBLIC!!! or maybe not... :p

Eric, just goes to show what a nice community you've created! Thanks!