PDA

View Full Version : GIS position open

ricardo
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi all,
We are hiring a GIS analyst at Kunsan AB and need to fill the position ASAP. If you (or anyone you know) are interested in this position please email your resume to richard.momsen (at) kunsan.af.mil. If you have any questions feel free to email me or even call (number in profile). Please don't be intimidated by the announcement as we're asking for the world.
Our office environment is very friendly and cooperative. It is surprisingly laid back although we do work hard. All base benefits are extended (shopping, gym (with climbing wall), etc) and none of the military restrictions are applied. This is a rare opportunity to gain a wealth of experience in a short period of time.

Announcement:
L-3 Enterprise IT Solutions is seeking a GIS Analyst with at least 2 years of work experience performing geospatial database development and analysis, map production using ESRIís ArcGIS platform to include ArcInfo, ArcSDE, and ArcIMS to support a government client in South Korea. The GeoBase Analyst is responsible for geospatial data integrity, quality assurance, metadata development, CAD and legacy data integration, spatial analysis, and developing solutions to leverage the installation's GeoBase capability. This position will join a team of GIS professionals supporting the GeoBase program at Kunsan Air Base.
more info... (http://www.gjc.org/gjc-cgi/showjob.pl?id=1214508513)

Scott
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Rick,

Is this job restricted to US citizens? I have a friend who would definitely be interested but he's a canadian. (I'm not sure if he's got all the right qualifications... just that he wants to work in the field.)

ricardo
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Is this job restricted to US citizens?
unfortunately yes although we may be able to accomodate a green card

choss monkey
07-03-2008, 02:45 AM
My degree is Environmental Science and I have a background in Arc view. I don't really want the job (i'm not compatible with the military) but I was wondering if you've used anything that you have at your disposal to search for boulder fields near Busan... just a thought.

choss monkey
07-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Oh yeah, and some of the Korean ESRI guys are climbers. I know that a couple of them climb at ACE in Seoul. They actually laughed at me when I called it ESRI instead of E.S.R.I. So if you ever work with the local guys, you should mention that you climb, and you may score a climbing partner.