PDA

View Full Version : Univeristy Job in Jeonju

skinsk
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Visited my old employer, and found that they are hiring for my old position in the College of Liberal Arts. This was one of the (maybe the) best jobs I've ever had. . . the students' level varies, many are provincial small-town kids, but they're very nice, and I came to love them! Coworkers are excellent people (who when I broke my foot went out of their way to help out, and have done so for other faculty members through various difficulties) with a lot to share (if not super athletic). Though with the "new" dean, and being a new hire, you're not guaranteed Mon and/or Fri off. Still-- pretty much everyone is on a 4 day week. There's a climbing wall and regular gyms on campus and a climbing gym and brand-new-opening-this-summer municipal wall nearby. You're 1.5 hours from Sununsan and Maisan, closer still to lesser crags. The 5 months summer and winter vacation is free--unless you choose to work at extra pay (Recently they want you in Jeonju a week before and week after classes, so figure on 2 months that you can travel in each summer and winter). Several foreign/English speaking climbers now live in/near Jeonju. I'll probably be selling my car by the job's starting date, too. . . anyway, thought I'd give a heads' up as I know many KOTRers appreciate the free time that a job like this (http://www.eslcafe.com/jobs/korea/index.cgi?read=30518) offers. If you're interested, I'll be happy to answer your questions or help in any way that I can.

skinsk
04-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Aside from hiring University positions, Lee Jaiwon from JJU is tasked with finding public school teachers for the province, including positions in Gunsan, Kimje, Wanju-gun (near a lot of climbing) and Jeong-eup (near some of the best climbing). Pay ranges from 2.1-2.7 depending on education and experience. There are duties during summer and winter breaks-- with only 14 days off in addition to Korean holidays. Exam weeks 4 times a year are also off (so figure 6 weeks + Korean holidays). If you're interested give him a call at 010-3414-5947.