PDA

View Full Version : cell phone help

skinsk
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
my cell phone was stolen in vietnam, and now i can't get a new one because i am only a tourist. . .

does anyone one know of any options. . . i don't really think i can do much here without one. . . can a foreigner register for two card phones? i mean it's not like i can skip town without paying?! i just want a [ay as you go, but they need my foreign registration #

ack

ricardo
03-06-2008, 08:49 PM
try itaewan or another 'military' district. i only say this b/c when i got my original phone in a-town (kunsan's itaewan) they didn't ask any questions.

shanja
03-06-2008, 09:04 PM
If all else fails I think you can rent cell phones as a tourist from the SK/ KTF/ LG shop-fronts at Incheon International Airport.

skinsk
03-06-2008, 10:00 PM
to both of you guys and everyone else for the car advice too! i was not liking the way this whole thing was starting-- i had to quickly shake the bad energy!

so while i was searching dave's on the advice of a woman at yongsan market, every phone got snagged quickly. and then, one gets posted as i search. . . i pm/e-mail/post and now i have a phone (as soon as i figure out the # i will put in my profile!!)

on the advice of officer kang (corey's uncle) at 02 world, corey called the police, who called the service guy (and negotiated a discount for me) who put in a new battery and showed me how to tell when the battery is low. . .

let the road trip commence!