PDA

View Full Version : KOTR patches

mil-mil
01-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Befor Kate left she brought up to me that she would lke a KOTR patch. I have brought the Idea up to a few other people at difrrent climbing events and the usual response is that they would like one. Sense Jake has reminded us all that we should get up off our a$$'s over the winter and i know kate still wants one i thought i would see if it would be worth gettign a few made. So i went downtown to songtan, mind you military town so we have all kinds of vendors that make patches and things of this nature and they qouted me a price of 6 USD per patch if i were to order 10. SO if there are people out there that would like a KOTR patch please respond and i will front up the money to get them made.

skinsk
01-04-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm in! Thanks! You rock! Also, I invite the next 5 people to each put in a buck with me and send one to Eric!

shanja
01-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Mike mate I am definitely in for 2 maybe 3 patches. $6 US sounds almost the same as a Korean shop quoted me when I enquired about getting patches made. Thanks for being so pro-active. You champion!

mickileepaul
01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll second this idea. I'd be interested in 2 or 3 patches myself. I see the patch production streets in Dongdaemoon, but I've never inquired about mass production costs.

What sort of design is everyone thinking? Either way, I'm in.

mil-mil
01-04-2008, 01:31 PM
i was thinking a reall y basic design. maybe like the kotr shirt design or something of that nature two colors nothing crazy maybe like a blue and red in segnifigance of the center of the korean flag.

lkiehn
01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
What kind of patch, iron-on, sew-on, or none of the above?

normalcyispasse
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm in for 2 if you can get them to me by February! :)

avenue
01-05-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm in for three--one for Les, me, and Amanda (I know she'd want one, but doesn't have frequent 'net access at the ashram). I'm also happy to chip in for E.

An easy design could be the KOTR logo, either the one currently on the website, or the one that used to be there with the little climber guy. I bet it would be easy for E to email you the file, print it, and then take it to the patch shop.

nic

cjmitchell5
01-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Find someone on the board in the military to get it done, they usually deal w/ patch makers quite a bit.

mickileepaul
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
From what I've seen down in Dongdaemoon, mnay of the little shops use computer images to fabricate the patches. The stitching machine reads the color data from the image file and proceeds to stitch it out, sort of like a multi-axis waterjet for fabricating car parts. So I would assume you wouldn't need a print-off of a logo but the file itself.

firepink
01-05-2008, 10:10 PM
i'd be in for a patch : )

mickileepaul
01-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Any progress thus far?

mil-mil
01-29-2008, 09:35 AM
i will be heading down town tomorrow to get a final qoute and design. I am going to go ahead and get 20 patches made so if you want them let me know via PM and i will keep them reserved for individuals. for those of you that live in the north there shouldnt be any problem getting them out to you those of you in the south i am sure i will be traveling down that way starting in march.

jsp1001
01-31-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm in for a patch!

mil-mil
02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
If anyone wants KOTR patches i should have them with me at Ganhyung this weekend.

mil-mil
02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
alright everyone good news on the patches. i will be picking up the final product thursday and will deffinetly have them this weekend at ganhyung. the other good news is they will only be 3 dollars apiece. so if you want one come out to ganhyung and if you cant make it talk to someone that is coming that lives by you and ask them to pick one up for you.

shanja
02-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Sweet! Thanks for getting that all done. I'll be a buying FOR SURE. Can we pay in Korean won? Can't wait to see them Mike, cheers!

mil-mil
02-20-2008, 09:50 AM
i would prefer KRW to USD actually. I only had 15 patches made up cause i didnt know how many people would be for sure buyers. 3 of them are already spoken for 1 for Chris, 1 for Kate and 1 for Eric. I can always have more of them made up and will let whom ever is on Osan when i leave know were to go to get them made so there wont be an initial format fee again.

firepink
02-20-2008, 10:04 PM
what about one for me? i pmed you properly and everything! i'm not going to be able to make it to ganhyeon this weekend.

mil-mil
02-20-2008, 10:14 PM
i'll give one to Nicola for you. the reason i say 3 of them are spoken for is those 3 people are not in country. i can always have more made for those of you that actually live here

mickileepaul
02-21-2008, 12:06 AM
I asked about getting 2 patches, 1 for myself and one for a friend. I'll be coming this weekend just for the Saturday. Like I said, 2 patches, but my friend is leaving Korea on the following Tuesday, so if you could spare one, I'll wait on mine if I must. Thanks. see you then,
m