PDA

View Full Version : Greetings :)

beccablondage
10-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I'm new to climbing - but it's something I would really like to get into!!
Just looking for climbing/hiking/cycling/scuba diving buddies on here! I'm pretty much a beginner with the climbing and cycling, I was wondering if there's anyone out there in Seoul who practices climbing on an artificial wall or someone who, like me, wants to, but would like a buddy to do it with (I don't speak Korean so it'd be less daunting to do it with a buddy).
If there's any upcoming trips and outings in the near future I'll be sure to come - just a little worried as I'm a beginner!
Anyway, hello to all!! :)
Rebecca:becky:
PS Why is the cheesy grin emoticon called 'Becky'? Named after me....???:becky:

climbergrrl
10-10-2007, 10:19 AM
hi rebecca!

welcome to korea! :becky:

i'm up to climb anytime! at least on tuesdays and thursdays, and some evenings and weekends... i live in seoul and would love to meet you at an artificial wall or gym sometime. i have all the equipment you will need if you don't have it (except shoes!)...

give me a pm if you're interested! :becky:

ciao!
dee

beccablondage
10-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Hiya Dee,
haven't quite worked out how to PM yet, but everything you said is exactly what I'm looking for...right down to the equipment! So please, PM me and we'll do some climbing soon! :)

skinsk
10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Also keep an eye on the "upcoming trips" thread. . . there is a get-together in Seoul at the end of the month, so you can meet lots of climbers and be social. Many climbers have other interests like the ones you mention!

Join a Korean gym near you and your muscles will get big and your Korean will get better:becky: (and if this one :D is "D" why isn't this one:confused8 "sonia" ?:confused8

beccablondage
10-10-2007, 04:11 PM
So there are scuba divers out there...sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Now, where has this forum been all my life!!?? Can't wait to meet you all soon, and hopefully I'll be able to find a scuba diving buddy!! Coooooooooooooool!:becky:

beccablondage
10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey,
thanks - I will most certainly check that out! Just worried about coming to a trip as I am a beginner, and if other friendly peeps lend me their gear I'd be lying if I said I would actually know what to do with it!! I think I'll check out this gathering in Seoul at the end of the month, and try and get some indoor practice with someone beforehand if possible!
:becky:
Now seriously...why is it called Becky??!:suspiciou

ricardo
10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
we'll have to defer the explanation of 'becky' to eric, the heavyweight champion of the world. (i think that's still his title).
i think i've heard of diving on the east coast, but the best is supposedly on the south side of jeju island (http://www.scubainkorea.com/Korean_Dive_Info/Korea_Dive_Info.htm). of course if you don't want to go that far you can take a bullet down to busan and dive with sharks in the aquarium (http://www.scubainkorea.com/Shark_Diving/Shark_Diving.htm)!

beccablondage
10-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I actually do plan to head down to Busan to dive with the sharks sometime in the near future...I can't wait to hear the explanation of 'Becky'.
:becky:

gwalinor
10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
if you come to Busan, let me know. i can climb any morning (till 2-3) of the week or anytime weekend

beccablondage
10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Alright Gwalinor, I'll make sure I do that! Thanks :)