PDA

View Full Version : Damn! You look good in profile!

shanja
09-09-2007, 02:44 PM
So now that you know you're looking good, why not take the time to fill in a few details on your profile page. It's not just so other KOTR dudes and dudettes can snoop on you, it helps us ID spam/ ghost/ fake joiners and sort out who is the real deal. Also helps people hook YOU up with a car-ride, a belay or a bit of beta. Folk new to KOTR don't be shy or anything. Everyones ideas and humour is welcome. If you've been on awhile, why not update a pic, avatar or catch-phrase thing. Hoping to see you soon,
Jake.

skinsk
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Thank you Jake! I've been PMing folks and asking them to fill in the blanks, and feeling like resurrecting the old "fill out your profiles threads" but I am glad that you did, or started this new one! ;) I agree that "old people" should update their avatars and/or profile pics!

I know I am planning my fall travels and research trips, and am always looking to include "locals". . . (or when I get realy bored, I like to read KOTR profiles:rolleyes8 )

Maybe you have some other weird connection with another person on the site. . . climbers are only 1 person removed in general. . . anyway.

As anyone can see, KOTR is a diverse group, getting more diverse all the time. . . so let us know who you are and what's up! Location, experence, gear can be helpful. I know I am never put off because someone os new to climbing or doesn't have much, but it can help me plan a weekend around something that everyone can enjoy.

Also, KOTR is a community (for better and for worse!) but all you have to do to be part of it is SHOW UP! If you're not sure how, PM. Climbing is a great way to see the interesting and beautiful places in Korea, and many people started climbing, or got obsessed here! KOTR is a great source of information, inspiration and climbing partners!

Ricky
09-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Okay, I'll update my avatar.

Ricky
09-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Did you delete your message, Sonia? I got a message forwarded to my e-mail saying what are you singing in your profile pic? But I guess maybe you noticed I changed my pic. The one where I'm singing....I'm singing "Amona"...terribly, might I add. There's also a photo of the dance competition. I won....a box of apples. These events took place at a climbing competition in a place known for apples but I can't remember the name. I wish I could tell you I was really drunk at the time, but the truth is I was completely sober.118

skinsk
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Good catch Ricky. . . but when I saw you changed the photo I deleted my post because it might confuse people?! OK, you answer my question. . . awesome . . . you've come full circle, last time having won an avatar contest by. . . singing! maybe you should be a singer?!

BTW, love the new avatar!

mary
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
ricky... careful - look what happened to her!

mary
09-12-2007, 12:13 PM
it's really too bad... my avatar is a shirt that says "i love -picture of lamp-" i found it just for ross... maybe i could find one someday that says i love "picture of tent" for ross and rick.

miss you guys... but i love my solid climbing anchors

skinsk
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I was trying to read that T. . . anyway, Mary, your profile says and looking forward to climbing in korea this next year. . . hmmm. . . we miss you too!

Ricky, I hear Rain is auditioning backup singers/dancers. . .

And while it's great to see new pics of y'all (and in the case of her avatar, Ricky's alter ego), it would also be nice to see/read more from the people who have nothing up, in some cases not even their names.

If you're new to the site but have posted or are reading this. . . plug in a little info/intro about yourself!

ricardo
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
hey mary, good to hear you're still kickin!
be sure to hook me up if you ever find that shirt.
enjoy a kind brew for me. cheers!
-r

shanja
10-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey there rockin fellow KOTRer types. It's great to see that many have filled in their profiles and such, Kim Lee has even updated his, so if you are tardy yet, in this department, go on, get into it. Now. Aw, c'mon it won't hurt ya big wuss. If we know nothin about you we aren't gonna wanna climb, talk, belay, advice, praise or help you.
Now if you are new to KOTR, please note that unless you do fill in something on the profile page thing (sooner or later), the big E (web-master, guru and founder-dude) may just mistake you as an evil spammer, and can and ban your good self. Not a pretty sight, eh? So don't be shy. We only share details with big brother, the CIA, Interpol, the KGB, ASIO, MI6, Al queda, Autie Ethel and that weird guy on the corner with a velvet parasol and bow-tie.