PDA

View Full Version : Adoptable Pigs!

Karen
09-02-2007, 04:40 AM
Hi all,

I'm not even living in Korea anymore, but I have a friend in Daejeon who needs some help finding homes for baby guinea pigs that were born by accident (she thought she had two males, oops!).

I think guinea pigs would make great pets for the 9-14 age group, that is, kids that can take some responsibility for a living creature but can't commit to, say, a dog. If anyone knows of a trustworthy Korean family who is interested in adopting one or two (they're happier in pairs), please PM me so I can put them in touch with Annie or her Korean friend (if language is a problem).

There are 4 very cute babies and at least one parent looking for homes. Here are some pictures.

Thanks so much for your help!

Happy September!

Karen

Chickenlegs
09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Is your friend giving them away or selling them?

Karen
09-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi chickenlegs!

I had to ask about that, I wasn't sure. Gee, quite a big detail to leave out! :doh:

My friend said if a person buys the piggy supplies (cage, grass, woodchips, food, waterbottle), then she will let the pig go for free. If a person needs help to buy the right supplies, then she can buy it all and ask for 25,000 won including the piggy!

Chickenlegs
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Good to know. I'm not allowed to have an animal right now. My dad... I mean my husband won't let me. :) Our apartment is REALLY small (and he's afraid I won't give him any attention if I get a pet). But I wanted to pass the information on to some of our friends.

Karen
09-05-2007, 08:51 PM
That's cool. (And your hubby is absolutely right. Eric has given up complaining about it and just accepts his ranking as bottom, the actual number varying depending on how many animals are in the house :D)

But thanks very much for passing on the word!