PDA

View Full Version : Train Timetable

Jessica
08-06-2007, 12:50 AM
The link to the train timetable on Barota seems to have changed and I was unable to find timetables in English. I have enough Korean to be able to search cities and times and all that on their regular site, but I can't seem to locate the link to get to the timetables at all.

(This may be more user error than anything, as there is so much flash the site doesn't work well in Firefox - at least on my Mac - but I'm not having luck in Safari, either, and what works in IE usually works there...)

Thanks!

skinsk
08-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't even see the search feature anymore? Not exactly a site "upgrade" if by "upgrade" one means making it more useful or easier! What gives? This is truely sad as that was a really great feature?! Anyone?! Is it just because I'm in Europe or because Jessica and I have Macs?

That said, I have a comprehensive train schedule book that still seems accurate. I guess I went to the right person on the right day because I've never seen another one. It's in Korean, of course, but when I am back in country, I have no problem checking on trains for people. . . most stations give out timetables (also in Korean) for all trains passing through, so I'd recommend grabbing one of these, or taking digital photos of the schedules for trains near you.

Meanwhile, maybe if we all complain to Korail they'll fix this by reinstating the train-finder. If I am missing something obvious, someone please post the link and I'm sure Eric will update the link on the site!

skinsk
09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
OK, you can search in Korean now (but not for how many seats are left) if you can read basic Korean. From the KOTR link, to get to the search page, go to the leftmost option on the top right, 승차권 예매, and choose the first option, 승차권 예약 -- you'll see the default is 서울-부산. Use the 찾기 to select the stations you want. (If you leave from Seoul, you need to depart 청량리 and not 서울. The latter is in East Seoul. Seoul Station has no trains to Wonju or Kanhyon!) 직통 is the default for a direct train. Obviously the other scrolls are for date and time. On the other side, you'll have to enter how many are travelling. Go to 인원정보 and use the first selector for adults (2nd for children), then hit the bright orange button and voila, the trains are listed in order, starting at the time you select (so if in doubt, choose an early time and you'll get all trains for that day from that time.)

If you are new to Korea/n and this is too difficult, you can call 1330 (and your area code) for tourist information in English.